Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year


We have survived the holidays and winter weather, and enjoyed an easy afternoon (because we slept through the morning) watching the lazy snow outside and contemplating the responsibility of a brand new decade. A habitual list maker, I am duty-bound to create a collection of new year’s resolutions. True to the scale of my weekly lists they show an inflated optimism with my time and abilities. I will not bore you with the particulars, but share this one: I resolve to be more generous in the new year; generous with my time, and money, with my patience (with myself and everyone else), generous with love, with laughter and food, generous with forgiveness and kindness, generous with thanks.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I hope your new year is one of abundant happiness.

No comments: